Scarborough Maine

Scarborough Maine
Looking West from deck of Bayley's Lobster Pound Scarborough, Maine, Fall 2013

Thursday, October 23, 2014

My Few Minutes With Andy Rooney

                                                    My Few Minutes With Andy Rooney 

                                                                                            and

    The High Cost of Plastic Surgery



Remember Andy Rooney, the 60 Minutes writer who broadcast often witty but cutting essays from his oversized, walnut desk?  His segment was called “A Few Minutes With Andy Rooney.”

Several years ago, I was working on an assignment for an undergraduate class, Writing Opinion: Editorials and Columns.  The assignment was to write an under 800-word column using humor.

One night, during a long bout with writer's block, Andy Rooney showed up in my bedroom.  Really.  It was 2:00 a.m., and I heard this voice ask me in its distinctive nasal tone, “Do you ever wonder why we (man/woman) need to personify things?"..... (Continue Reading My Few Minutes With Andy Rooney in Other Writing).

2 comments:

  1. Wait, how do I get to Other Writing to continue reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you scroll down my page, on the right there is "Other Writing." Click on that and scroll (again to bottom)...Need to streamline..to-be-continued....!

    ReplyDelete